Just Appraised at 1.8 Million! Welcome to historic Cudia City Estates! This elegant home is freshly enhanced and remodeled now boasting a magnificent Master Suite addition/conversion of what was originally the art studio of Salvatore Cudia himself! The master suite includes custom powder room vanities with marble tops, a ceramic standalone tub, grand walk-in closet and an extra-large luxury bedroom with media sitting area. This fabulous master suite wing steps out on to the extended covered patio and out to the exquisite pool.The redesign of the existing floor plan preserves the home's history now with a vast open concept and prestigious flow. Featuring 4 bedrooms with ensuite bathroom access to 4.5 baths plus a large bonus room, a spacious kitchen with quartz waterfall countertops on the enormous island, a 48 inch Thermadore range and more! Multiple 16 ft wide Milguard sliding glass doors all leading out to the stylish paver patio, all centered around a majestic pool with fountain water features and garden, this home was designed for the indoor/outdoor entertaining family! Gorgeous long plank, oak wood flooring, herringbone brick entry way, enhanced original brick fireplace, extended 3 car garage with additional work and storage space and more, demonstrate the custom design eye present in every aspect thanks to Moosavi design (architect) and Creative Home Concepts (builder). This home is the flagship property of Cudia City Estates. It has been passed down through the family since it was built in 1959, and sits on a .86 acre lot 2 blocks outside of the Paradise Valley City boundary, right down the street from the esteemed Phoenix Country Day School. A little more history of this parcel: Salvatore Pace Bodanza Cudia (SPB) was a charismatic Italian immigrant who in 1938 established the Valley of the Sun Studios more commonly known as Cudia City. The one block town included requisite hotel, saloon, church and hitching posts. Films and such as "Wanted Dead or Alive", "Red Ryder" and over 80 episodes of the TV series "26 Men" were filmed here in Cudia City before WWII broke out and slowed production. Views from Cudia City including Cambelback Mountain, Praying Monk, saguaros and other natural features can be found in these films and many other westerns. "When I was a child in the 1950s, we would visit (the movie set) and walk along the fake western street with the swinging saloon doors," Charles Lopresto of Phoenix says. "Back then, Camelback was the far north end of the city. Lopresto says he and visiting family would stroll the wood sidewalks, gaze in the faux storefronts and live out their own cowboy fantasies. "Besides film, Cudia had a flair for other theatrics and opened a restaurant and guest accommodations within Cudia City, where he would entertain celebrities and local movers and shakers. Actors Gary Cooper, Tyrone Power and Ginger Rogers visited Cudia City, as did the former king of Iraq, Faisal II. The Phoenix Symphony once hosted its annual gala on the large outdoor sound stage with seating for 1,200. Cudia City jumped until the early 1960s and the ringmaster decided to retire at age 74. He sold his fictitious frontier town which was razed for residential redevelopment."
Listing courtesy of Zion Realty, LLC.
All information should be verified by the recipient and none is guaranteed as accurate by ARMLS. Copyright 2019 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.